Specialist training for the licensed trade, hospitality, leisure, events & tourism

Security Courses
Food Safety Courses
Personal Licences
Licensing Practitioners

Personal Licences


The licencing Act 2003 (England and Wales) and the Licensing Act 2005 (Scotland) requires anyone wishing to sell or authorise the sale of alcohol to obtain a PERSONAL LICENCE.


A Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS) must have a personal licence.

Part of the process is the applicants must obtain a recognised qualification. In England and Wales this is the Award for Personal Licence Holders (APLH) and in Scotland, the Scottish Certificate for Personal Licence Holders (SCPLH). We offer these courses regularly at venues across the country.

Our package includes:

  • Tuition from experienced tutors
  • Comprehensive course handbook
  • Examination fee

During your course you will be shown how to complete your application form, but if you prefer and want to save some time consider our application service.  We can also assist you in obtaining or amending a Premises Licence.  Call  01785 813 700 for advice or further details.



England and Wales (APLH) Scotland (SCPLH) Application Service


Watch us on YouTube
Ben's Blog - Don't worry about me i'm just the customer!